Friday, April 28, 2006

Not being in control and its after effects

I'm pretty sure that everyone has been in this situation - something has to be done, but you just cant get yourself to do it. And this something, most often turns out to be something pressing. All you can do, is watch time go by as you don't do something, which you'd be better off doing. Apologies for that confusing paragraph.
At least I hope everyone has been in this situation, or else i'm in a pretty sad minority! So this is how it goes. I have my Computer Graphics practicals scheduled for the 28th i.e. today. My last vivas were on the 25th. So i decided that after my last vivas, i'll do some timepass and start studying by evening. I get some friends over to my house after the vivas, go out for sweets, basically having a great time. All this while, i'm pretty sure i'll be hitting the books(compilers too) pretty soon. But then, the unthinkable happens! I lose control of my life!
Its like being a helpless spectator - like witnessing a crime happening and being unable to do anthing about it. You know that something's going wrong, you know what the right thing is, yet you are unable to do anything about it. So basically, I am unable to get myself to study at all. I just can't. I couldn't even get myself to try to study. Don't get me wrong, i'm not weak or anything. I'm just running on autopilot and going in the wrong direction!
So as it ends up, I start studying only yesterday. (All thanks to Rad for all the help. Its all because of her that I finally got down to study). What results is a very low level of confidence and preparedness. You may think that i'm making much ado about nothing, but I found the situation very sad indeed.
So, how was the exam. Guess. I got lucky! I got a pattern which was not in the 'expected patterns' list. Others had tried out these expected question, I hadn't. So in some weird manner, I got lucky. Then of course, my superior mental faculty got me through the exam smoothly. My best practical yet! Its good being me.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Nadeem Mohsin said...

Nothing new about this if you're an engineer. I spent 2 hours reading Mists of Avalon the night before a viva, and with one exception, every viva rocked.

Ok, so it's great being me too - my practicals always go off incredibly well. Besides, I wouldn't wanna be you, since I don't have space in my head for a Francisco, and my spoken Marathi sucks big time. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home