Saturday, April 22, 2006

As Luck Would Have It

I have always believed that i am a lucky guy. Luck never seems to run out on me. Don't get me wrong. I'm not implying that  everything that happens to me is because of luck. Its just that... well... I have it better than others.
On the 21st of April, which happens to be my birthday, was my Viva for Systems Programming. SP is something i'm not so good at. In fact, when it comes to SP, I suck! And so, i'm greiving that my birthday is going to be ruined by bad vivas. Add to this, the fact that the internal examiner who was to conduct this viva is really strict.
When I reach college, i'm a bundle of nerves. The vivas are supposed to start at 10. But neither the external nor the internal teachers show up at ten. We all think that the reason for this is because there is a bus strike today. Ok, so maybe they'll be here in half an hour. But no! They just don't show up. Finally, at 12:15 the external examiner shows up - and starts taking the orals without the internal examiner(the strict/scary one).
All this time, i was cribbing that i'll be in the second group to go in. These teachers spend the maximum time with the first few groups really grilling tham and then go easy on the other groups. Now, i'm thanking the stars for the very same reason. Since i'm in the second group, my vivas are over before the other teacher arrives. Even during the exam, i'm given all the easy questions. That coupled with my ability to excrete from my mouth makes it smooth sailing. The whole thing actually goes pretty well. Hah!
Today, that is the 22nd of April is the day i had my Web Technology vivas. Now that is a subject I like. However, it was my birthday yesterday and no other preparatory holiday for WT. So, once again, when i reach college, i'm a bundle of nerves. If the seating arrangement in the lab is the same as it was yesterday, i'll be in front of the external examiner. This time, she is the one to be afraid off. But, as luck would have it, the seating has been reversed. Muhuhuhuhua. I got away with a decent viva today as well.
Three more vivas to go. I hope the luck remains!

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Nadeem Mohsin said...

Lucky stiff. You seem to be nearly as lucky in vivas as I get in practs. For some reason, all the really dumb/trivial questions come to me...

Btw, belated happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home