Thursday, December 01, 2005

Two papers down and so am I!

Digital Communication and Computer Networks. Two papers with the biggest syllabi we have had to face yet. And that too in a span of three days!
It is said that 'Hardship is a time of discoveries'. There were some interesting ones in the past few days:
1. I laugh or at least smile when tense. Mind you, this is very different from what is suggested by expressions such as 'Laughing in the face of danger' and the like.
2. What Engineering students say after papers and what they really mean.
  • Muggu* saying 'OK paper' ---- I studied like crazy and basically made my life a living hell in order to score more than 80 but goddamit I think Ill get around 75
  • Scholarly type sayng 'OK paper' ---- I hadn't studied much coz' I was reading things which really matter. But my abnormally large IQ and vast storehouse of knowledge will easily get me a first class, hell maybe even a distinction. Anyway it doesn't matter coz' when it comes to engineers, I'm the real McCoy! (In the original Star Trek, when it came to doctors, they had the reall McCoy. *wink*)
  • Girl saying 'Bad paper' ---- Bad Paper
  • Girl saying 'Bad paper' whilst giggling and trying to look cute ---- Great paper. I'm only lying coz' it makes my hair look good. It does, doesn't it?
  • Anyone saying '*whimper*' before strarting to cry ---- What paper? oh there are six months more for that one. (*wink*)
  • Anyone saying 'accha tha', 'sahi tha', 'good paper' ---- paper was much much better than expected but ill play down the excitement till the results come out and I get 75+ then go about telling people 'i don't know how this happened' and hope they think i'm really humble and cool. And intelligently sexy.
  • Anyone saying 'Amazing Paper' ---- (this guy is probably new to Mumbai University Engineering) This paper was just like the 12th standard one. COOL. (hint to newbie: wait for your results before declaring 'Amazing Paper').
*Muggu: Term originated in IIT during my fathers time there. Means someone with the IQ of a flea, which has dyslexia and is dead. However, this someone has more relaible memory than your new state of the art HDD.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger Nadeem Mohsin said...

Nice - thought I'd comment, but it got large, so I turned it into a blog post. Read it here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home